Connect with us

News

BREAKING: El-Zakzaky Seeks Return To Nigeria, Laments Worse Indian Hospital Condition

Published

on

Shiite leader Ibrahim El-Zakzaky has alleged that the conditions at the Indian hospital he was taken to is worse than that of Nigeria. He said he plans to return to Nigeria to assess the situation.

Mr El-Zakzaky stated this in an audio message that has since gone viral. PREMIUM TIMES has confirmed the authenticity of the audio. The cleric, leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN), was flown to India on Monday following a Kaduna court order last week.

He had requested to be allowed to travel to India for advanced medical treatment following the deterioration of his health and that of his wife, Zeenah, in detention. Advertisement Both of them have been detained since December 2015 after a clampdown by soldiers who killed at least 347 IMN members.

In the audio, Mr El-Zakzaky accused the Nigerian government of frustrating his medical treatment in India. Speaking in Hausa, he said the situation at the hospital in India is “pathetic and worrisome situation.” He said the management of Medanta Hospital, New Delhi, had been threatened not to admit him for treatment

. “The hospital officials received us well they told us that they parked two ambulance vehicles, deceiving the crowd while taking us out through another way, saying that it was for our own safety.

“On getting to the hospital, we are placed under a tighter security situation worse than what we have been witnessed in Nigeria. We are currently more confined than when we were in Nigeria, worse than prison setting.

Contrary to what was agreed before our arrival, that our own personal doctors would supervise this treatment. Now they’ve changed the arrangement. So, we objected receiving treatment from strange doctors without the supervision of our own trusted physicians,’’ he noted.

In the audio, the IMN leader said he wants to return to Nigeria to source for a reliable and trusted hospital among those countries that offer help. “There are some other countries that volunteered to help which include Malaysia, Turkey,’’ he said.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Culture/Religion

BREAKING: Traditional Ruler, Oluwo Divorces Jamaican Wife

Published

on

The Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi, has divorced his wife, Chanel Chin, saying “she is now an ex-Queen of Iwoland.

Though the reason for the separation between the traditional ruler and his ex-wife, a Jamaican who had a boy named Oduduwa for him could not be ascertained, a statement signed by the monarch’s Chief Press Secretary (CPS), Mr Alli Ibraheem confirmed the development.

According to the statement: “This is to inform the general public, most especially friends and associates of the Oluwo of Iwoland, His Imperial Majesty, Oba (Dr) Abdulrosheed Adewale Akanbi, Telu I, that Ms Chanel Chin is an ex-queen of his majesty.

This information is necessary for the attention of the general public to avoid representation on proxy or accordance of respect attached to the sacred stool of Oluwo to her.

“For personal irreconcilable differences, Chanel Chin ceased to be his Majesty’s queen. We equally enjoin the public to disregard any business transaction or request with her using the office of his majesty. We wish her the best in her new journey,” the statement concluded. It would be recalled that Oba Akanbi got married to Chanel Chin shortly after he ascended the throne of his forefathers in November 10, 2015.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

2023 Presidency: Jonathan, Others Destroy Zoning Formula – Arewa Youths

Published

on

By

election

The Arewa Youths Consultative Forum (AYCF) has accused a former president, Goodluck Jonathan and all those who helped him to get to power in 2011 of breaking the zonal arrangement for a rotational presidency.

The accusation was made by AYCF’s national president, Yerima Shettima, when he visited Legit TV studios on Tuesday, December 10 in Lagos.

Speaking on Legit TV’s live programme, Political Arena, Shettima argued that Jonathan was supposed to just finish Yar’ Adua’s term after the latter’s death and move on, rather than choosing to stay on.

Former president, Goodluck Jonathan, is accused of destroying the zoning arrangement by contesting in 2011 instead of stepping aside for a northerner.

Shettima noted that by staying on in power after using up Yar’Adua’s two years, Jonathan took an additional 4 years away from the region.

This incident, Shettima said, completely ended the gentleman’s agreement between the north and the south on rotational leadership at the centre.

“Jonathan had that remnant of two years from Yar’Adua’s regime and subsequently in 2011, ordinarily, in the spirit of a rotational presidency, or whatever-whatever, ordinarily in normal circumstances, one would have expected Jonathan to step aside and allow another northern person to come onboard.

But Jonathan still went ahead (to contest for the presidency). And that was the moment when the issue of a rotational presidency was completely jettisoned. It is not even on record anymore. At that level, I believe strongly that the agreement had been broken.”

Asked if he blamed Jonathan for the collapse of the zoning arrangement, Shettima replied, “I blame those who stood at that time to do what they did.”

Arewa youths believe that the gentleman’s agreement to rotate the presidency between the north and the south has been broken completely – AYCF’s national president, Shettima, said the blame for this should be placed on all of those that helped Jonathan become president in 2011 – Shettima believes that because of this and more, the north deserves to remain in power for longer than 2023 when President Buhari ends his term

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: I Am Still Alive And Healthy – IBB

Published

on

By

Rumour of the death of former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida, has rented the air in the last couple of hours

DAMMYLINK can confirm that the Former President is alive and well. However, one of his media aides, who is also a journalist with Nigeria Info 99.3FM, Yemi Saka has posted on his Facebook wall to debunk the rumor.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Trending